Correction Officer Opportunities
Physical Fitness Training Tests Dates for incoming Correction Officers:
Click here to listen to the experts on their experiences as to why this career path is one of the best
Why choose a career in corrections?
- Competitive Pay - Base salary $59,000 to $84,000
- Bonuses and overtime
- Shift and step raises
- Education incentives
- Health and Dental insurance
- Paid Tuition
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Veteran benefits
- A member of the Association of County Employees
Join a team of professionals working in a safe and structured environment with opportunities for advancement.
Click here to submit an application electronically.
2022 Week 2 BCCO training
2022 Week 4 BCCO training
2022 Week 5 BCCO training
BCCO Academy Training
Student officers undergo 400 hours of training in the BCCO Academy prior to taking their positions at the Plymouth County Correctional Facility. The training is challenging both academically and physically, and requires dedication by the student officers.
Plymouth County Sheriff's Department is an equal opportunity employer. The department does not discriminate based on race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age (if 40 years of age or older), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, color, veteran status, handicap, pregnancy or a condition related to said pregnancy.
- At least 19 years of age
- General knowledge and physical fitness tests
- Valid Mass. driver's license
- High school graduate or G.E.D.
- Successful background check
- Constitutional law
- Criminal law
- Critical incident training
- Cultural diversity
- Defensive tactics
- Direct supervision of inmates
- Ethics and professionalism
- First responder / CPR
- Health and wellness
- Oral and written communication
- Security and unit procedures
- Special management units
- Stress management
- Transportation of inmates