Official visits are permitted from 9:00AM to 10:00PM seven (7) days per week. Officials may, with prior approval of the Superintendent or designee, be allowed a visit at other times.(Attorneys / Clergy click here for procedures to make arrangements). All other visitors must come to the Plymouth County Correctional Facility during specified times. Inmates must be here for 10 days prior to receiving their first visit. The only people that will be allowed to visit an inmate are those who are listed by the inmate and submitted to the front desk.
Visits are limited to 30 minutes in length and take place in visitation booths. The inmate and visitor remain on opposite sides of thick glass and converse via telephone. The only inmates allowed regular contact visits are those who are housed in either BN2 or BS2.
Visitors must be processed through at least 45 minutes prior to the conclusion of visiting hours. Persons under 18 will not be allowed to visit unless they are the brother, sister, son or daughter of the inmate. They must produce a birth certificate verifying their relationship, and must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, who possess valid identification. All visitors and their vehicles may be searched.
Visitor Information & Schedule PDF Files
- All visitors must be pre-approved for a visit and must be on the inmate visiting list. Inmates are limited to five (5) persons being pre-approved for visits, (excluding official visitors).
All Visitors will be required to complete a Visitor Pre-Approval / Request to Visit Questionnaire and submit it to the Plymouth County Correctional Facility beginning July 1, 2010.
- At the time of submission the visitor is required to provide a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope. This envelope will be used to notify each visitor of their status as an “Approved” visitor or they will receive notification that they have been “Denied” permission to visit the Plymouth County Correctional Facility.
- Upon receipt of the Visitor Pre-Approval form, a Criminal History / Background check will be conducted by the Plymouth County Sheriff’s Department, utilizing the information provided on the form.
- Background checks will be conducted using the information provided on this form at any time deemed necessary by the Plymouth County Sheriff’s Department.
- Visiting privileges will be “Approved” or “Denied” upon completion of the Criminal History / Background check and verification of information provided on this form.
- You, the visitor, will be notified via mail regarding your status as “Approved” or “Denied”, utilizing the Self Addressed Stamped Envelope you provide.
- Any person who has been “Denied” permission will receive instructions on appealing the decision.
- Any person who submits a Visitor Pre-Approval / Request to Visit Questionnaire without the Self Addressed Stamped Envelope will not be processed and considered not approved.
- You must provide a photocopy of your legal form of identification with the application form.
All forms must include a self addressed stamped envelope when mailed or hand delivered to the facility. Completed forms may be mailed to the address below:
Plymouth County Correctional Facility
26 Long Pond Road
Plymouth, MA 02360
An example of a self-addressed stamped envelope can be found below:
All visitors must be listed on the inmate's five (5) person pre-approval list.
All visitors must provide positive photographic identification, as listed in the "Posted Visiting Rules and Regulations."
Visit processing will commence one (1) hour prior to the visiting period.
Visit processing will end fifteen (15) minutes prior to the last possible seating time, within the scheduled visiting period.
All visitors will be required to remain in the Visitors Lobby once processed and waiting to be sent to the visit.
The processing of visitors for non-contact visits will take place at the following times.
Visiting Hours / Processing Start Time / Processing End Time
9:00 AM - 11:00 AM / 8:00 AM / 10:15 AM
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM / 12:00 PM / 3:15 PM
6:00 PM - 10:00 PM / 5:00 PM / 9:15 PM